Green Smoothies People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chia seeds storage: glass/plastic/refrigerated/seed/powder??

Go down

Chia seeds storage: glass/plastic/refrigerated/seed/powder?? Empty Chia seeds storage: glass/plastic/refrigerated/seed/powder??

Post by Admin Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:58 pm

I read online that keeping Chia seeds is best done in the fridge, although this is just to extend their life, not to keep them per-say as they will keep just fine in room temperature conditions.

I would like to know however the difference between keeping them in a Mason Jar and a Klip Lock tupperware box (four clasps - one on each side?

I know that Mason Jars are made of glass and the tupperware of plastic, however does that really make a difference in the world we live in?

It was advised that Mason jars now come with white plastic type lids, just to avoid the metal ones basically as they rust.

What would be best to keep them in? I intend to keep them in the fridge anyway, but what is the optimal temperature please?

I am fully expecting to dice them up to add to the green smoothies I will be trying, down to a powder consistency and am aware that they lose their nutrient properties all the while that they are stored in powder form, so how does the powder change the storage conditions please?

Thanks!

Admin
Admin

https://greensmoothiespeople.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down